With an apprenticeship you get paid in a real job, gaining real work experience, real qualifications and a real future. You will earn a wage and get holiday pay; work alongside experienced staff; gain job-specific skills and experience; and study towards a related qualification.
|Job Title:||Business Admin Apprentice|
|Job Description:||Main Duties Include:
- Receive and pass on messages by the telephone, e-mail and in person in a full and effective manner as appropriate.
- Operate the school switchboard by routing incoming telephone calls to appropriate extensions.
- Receive visitors; maintain the visitors? book and monitor their movements, ensuring visitors comply with safeguarding requirements.
- Type documentation for the organisation (e.g.: correspondence, reports, presentations etc).
- Label all incoming parcels for distribution.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post and parcels including purchase of stamps and proof of postage certificates.
- Support the process of stationery ordering for the office
- Become proficient with the room booking system, logging and confirming room bookings as necessary.
- Shredding, laminating, monitoring and ordering stationery supplies (including printed stationery), word processing and mail merges.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the post as required by the Principal that may be reasonably required from time to time.
|Working Hours:||37 Hours Per Week|
|Weekly Schedule:||Day Release at Bradford College|
|Course Title:||Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business and Administration|
|Course Duration:||12-18 Months|
|Employer Name:||University Academy Keighley|
|Employer Description:||University Academy Keighley is a mixed secondary school and sixth form located in Utley (near Keighley), in the English county of West Yorkshire.
Previously a community school administered by Bradford City Council, Greenhead High School converted to academy status in September 2010 and was renamed University Academy Keighley. The school is now sponsored by the University of Bradford and Bradford City Council.
University Academy Keighley offers GCSEs, BTECs and Cambridge Nationals as programmes of study for pupils, while students in the sixth form have the option to study from a range of A-levels. Facilities at the school are also available for use by the local community outside school hours.
We want our learners to be successful, both academically and personally. It is our aim that all of our learners will be equipped with the skills for success during their time at University Academy Keighley. This will give our learners the foundation to move on to further study, gain employment and contribute to society whatever they choose as their final career; indeed these skills are also the foundation to a happy and fulfilling life.
|Employer Location:||BD20 6EB|
If you have already completed an online application form and would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us by phone on 01274 728316.
If you have not completed the online application form yet, please follow the steps below: