With an apprenticeship you get paid in a real job, gaining real work experience, real qualifications and a real future. You will earn a wage and get holiday pay; work alongside experienced staff; gain job-specific skills and experience; and study towards a related qualification.
|Job Title:||Administration/Reception Apprentice|
|Job Description:||To maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times and to provide support and assistance to the food technology and science teachers during practical lessons. To ensure equipment and ingredients are purchased and prepared in advance of lessons to maximise learning time for our students.
To provide support and assistance to students during lessons.
To attend regular meetings with the supervisor and assessor and attend training sessions leading to an appropriate qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools as well as key skills.
Ensure that the School remains true to its aims, vision and mission; upholding the principle that we are here to put the needs of our students and young people first.
The primary responsibilities are-
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment at all times.
- Provide support and assistance to the classroom teachers during practical lessons.
- Assist in the organisation and presentation of the Food Technology, Science and Art Rooms.
- To ensure that food technology rooms and equipment are kept clean and tidy and that food technology room safety regulations are met, including checking equipment for safety, cleaning and sterilizing equipment and advising students on safety aspects of particular practical work.
- Ensure that fridges, cookers and equipment are kept clean and that a deep clean is undertaken when required.
- Ensure that all equipment is accounted for, in the correct place and replaced where necessary.
- Ensure that all equipment is stored in a safe, hygienic and appropriate manner.
- To organise and supervise the deep clean of the food tech room as necessary
- Assist the classroom teacher in the logging in and out of certain items of equipment as required.
- Work on your own initiative as well as a member of a team.
- To be responsible for maintaining departmental displays of work both in the technology area and around the school
- To assist with the preparation of materials for lessons, display and projects.
- To assist in setting up for practical lessons and demonstrations
- Plan and prioritise your work effectively.
- To monitor supplies of stock and inform teachers when further supplies of resources or ingredients are required; check goods delivered against orders and storing appropriately; carry out stock taking and inventory checks.
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times, eg clubs, visits and extra-curricular activities organized by the department
- Participate in learning activities, training and personal development as required.
- Attend and take part in team meetings and regular reviews with line manager etc.
- To undertake a Supporting Teaching and Learning Qualification and ensure work is completed on time as instructed by the training provider.
- Undertake First Aid Training and provide care and support to sick and injured students taking appropriate action as necessary ensuring parents and school staff are fully informed of incidents and accidents.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: ?In addition to the specific responsibilities detailed above, the following general responsibilities apply:-
- Comply with all Free School policies and procedures ensuring commitment to the mission and values
- Assist in the development of excellent working relationships throughout the school
- Foster good relationships with external organisations that provide goods and services
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety of yourself and that of others
- Commit to ensuring own personal development
- Comply with all contractual, legal and reasonable requirements of any venue being used by the school for ?its activities
- Pro-actively promote and uphold One In A Million Free School acting as an Ambassador
- Behave in a professional manner (both in and out of school) ensuring that One In A Million is not brought ?into disrepute
- Carry out any other reasonable duties associated with the post ?
|Working Hours:||37 Hours Per Week|
|Weekly Schedule:||Day Release at City Training|
|Course Title:||Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business and Administration|
|Course Duration:||12-18 Months|
|Employer Name:||One In A Million Free School|
|Employer Description:||Our overall aim is to make a difference to young people by engendering respect, self-regard, motivation and engagement. The ethos of our school will be rooted in the name of our charity, where every young person is recognised and valued as ?one in a million?.
Our mission is to enhance the life chances of all pupils at One In A Million Free School through a tailored programme of vocational learning across sport, the arts and enterprise.
Our vision is that each student will utilise their skills, talents and educational achievements across sports, the arts and enterprise to better themselves and their communities.
Our values: We are driven by our 4 core values, Compassion, Honesty, Integrity and Excellence
|Employer Location:||BD8 7DX|
If you have already completed an online application form and would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us by phone on 01274 728316.
If you have not completed the online application form yet, please follow the steps below: