With an apprenticeship you get paid in a real job, gaining real work experience, real qualifications and a real future. You will earn a wage and get holiday pay; work alongside experienced staff; gain job-specific skills and experience; and study towards a related qualification.
|Job Title:||Apprentice Plumber|
|Job Description:||The overall purpose of the Apprentice Plumber will be to provide a maintenance service to Connect Housing?s tenants and other customers. To provide such services in a courteous, positive, helpful and friendly manner at all times.
The key duties are:
1. Deliver a maintenance service to Connect Housing?s tenants and other customers.
2. Supporting where necessary the Planned Project Team, working to agreed standards of quality and time.
3. Actively engage in the learning programme and fully engage with study programmes to achieve NVQ2 in Plumbing within the set timeframe.
4. Use the knowledge gained at college and via work experience to contribute at team meetings.
5. To fully participate in the training and assessment process to develop and demonstrate a range of skills.
6. Willingness to learn to drive.
7. Provide an effective and efficient plumbing repairs and replacements service, including all elements of first and second fix, to meet tenant?s day to day repairs needs, development, cyclical maintenance and planned maintenance programmes.
8. Carry out work within a core trade and demonstrate a degree of multi-skilling to trade standard.
9. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment provided for the Planned Projects and Painting Team and advises the Team Leader of any stock requirements to ensure that all equipment is available as required and safe to use.
10. Act in accordance with all relevant rules, regulations, policies and procedures including the preparation of risk assessments, method statements and construction safety plans to meet health and safety and company policy requirements.
11. To ensure that all premises used by the Associations Maintenance staff are used and maintained in a safe and clean condition and meet the requirements of Health and Safety Policy.
12. Operates hand power tools and machinery on site and in the Depot/Store; ensuring compliance with all relevant health and safety rules and regulations.
13. Maintains and updates relevant records, as directed, of all activities undertaken in the course of the working day to ensure accurate and up to date reporting information is available.
14. Implements the Association?s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy to ensure equal access to all services provided by the Regeneration Team.
15. Adheres to the Associations policies and procedures with regard to confidentiality at all times.
16. Undertakes any other duties as agreed. It is acknowledged that the duties attached to all posts require periodic review in the light of prevailing circumstances and that flexibility is necessary to ensure the effective utilisation of human resources.
|Working Hours:||38 Hours Per Week|
|Weekly Schedule:||Day Release at Bradford College|
|Course Title:||Intermediate Apprenticeship for the Certificate in Plumbing|
|Course Duration:||36 Months|
|Employer Name:||Connect Housing|
|Employer Description:||Connect Housing is a charitable housing and support provider.
Our passion is for a fairer society, where people
's homes, health and happiness matter.
1,800 homes for all types of household
plus... over 700 properties for older people
and... housing with support for over 400 people
with... almost 200 affordable ownership homes
alongside... a wide range of support service including working with young people and parents, and helping tenants manage their homes and finances
...across the whole of Leeds area, Kirklees district and in Calderdale and Wakefield.
|Employer Location:||LS12 6UB|
If you have already completed an online application form and would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us by phone on 01274 728316.
If you have not completed the online application form yet, please follow the steps below: