With an apprenticeship you get paid in a real job, gaining real work experience, real qualifications and a real future. You will earn a wage and get holiday pay; work alongside experienced staff; gain job-specific skills and experience; and study towards a related qualification.
|Job Title:||Business Administration Apprentice|
|Job Description:||Bradford College Vocational Sciences and Arts team are looking for a Business Administration Apprentice to provide efficient and confidential administrative support.
Job Summary: To provide effective administrative services within Vocational Science and the Department of Art, Science and Humanities (ASH), supporting members of staff in their roles.
- To provide administrative support to Vocational Science and the department of ASH.
- To open, sort and deal with routine correspondence, collecting and taking mail to David Hockney Building and Beacon Recruitment
- To act as receptionist for people visiting Departments and directing queries to the right staff.
- Liaising with departments to deal with rooming issues and staff absences.
- Arrange requisitions and purchase orders through the Finance Process Manager (FPM) system
- Ordering consumables and replenishing stock.
- To provide general administrative duties e.g. data collection, typing of correspondence as instructed.
- Sending e-mails and using the internet for researching information.
- To assist in managing administrative systems and maintaining records for the departments.
- Photocopying, filing, archiving and uploading documentation to systems.
- Assisting in preparation of organised events and meetings.
- Scheduling appointments and preparing presentation materials
- Greeting visitors and escorting to meetings.
- Answering the telephone and passing messages onto relevant staff.
- Making telephone calls where instructed.
- To take dictation or record the minutes of departmental/committee meetings.
- Assisting in various daily operations
- Any other duties deemed suitable to the post
|Working Hours:||37 Hours Per Week|
|Weekly Schedule:||Day release at Bradford College|
|Course Title:||Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business and Administration|
|Course Duration:||12-18 Months|
|Employer Name:||Bradford College (Vocational Science)|
|Employer Description:||Bradford College is a strong college with a strong future.
Over the coming five years, we will be a dynamic contributor to the growth and vitality of the economy in the Bradford District, Leeds City Region and the UK, through excellence of training, education and student experience, and through fostering employability and enterprise. We will grow our international activity, welcoming students from overseas, working with international partners and preparing our students for the global employment market.
Our core purpose is to transform the lives of our students, through working with them and with our many partners in the UK and overseas to provide education, opportunity and positive outcomes.
Our strategy comes out of a process of reflection, consultation and preparation. We work with our students, staff, the Students Union and many other partners to achieve our goals.
|Employer Location:||BD7 1AY|
If you have already completed an online application form and would like to apply for this vacancy, please contact us by phone on 01274 728316.
If you have not completed the online application form yet, please follow the steps below: